You invested time and money in getting the best teeth whitening treatment. Now that you’re rocking a whiter and brighter smile, it is important to ensure that you can enjoy the benefits for as long as possible.
The following are some tips you can use to maintain your new look for longer.
- Invest in a quality toothbrush: Your daily dental hygiene routine plays a major role in the maintenance of your newly brightened smile. It is therefore important to maintain good oral hygiene. Invest in a quality toothbrush. It should have a small head to help you reach the furthest corners of your mouth. It should also have soft bristles to avoid damaging the enamel of your teeth. If you can afford to, invest in an electric toothbrush. These will help to ensure a rigorous clean daily.
- Invest in whitening toothpaste: A teeth-whitening toothpaste will help to complement your teeth whitening treatment and enhance your results for the long term. Look for a high-quality teeth-whitening toothpaste that you can make part of your daily oral hygiene routine. Read product reviews and try a few to find the one that suits you best.
- Cut back on the consumption of acidic foods: Acidic foods can cause the enamel on your teeth to wear away. This can result in the discoloration of your teeth. You should therefore avoid foods with high levels of acidity as much as possible. These include citrus fruits and some fruit juices. You don’t have to cut them out of your diet completely. You simply need to reduce your consumption of these foods and drinks. You should also take precautions when consuming them by drinking water to wash the acid away and minimize the damage to your teeth.
- Stop smoking: Heavy consumption of tobacco following teeth whitening will render all your efforts for a brighter smile worthless. Tobacco stains the teeth. If you can’t quit smoking altogether, you should make an effort to cut back on your consumption. This will help to preserve your newly whitened teeth for longer.
- Have regular dental checkups: It is important to keep up with your regular dental appointments. Be sure to search for ‘dental clinic near me’ to make it more convenient. Your dentist will advise you as well as spot any potential issues. They will provide you with solutions for early intervention.
Use the tips above to maintain your smile for longer.