QuickBooks won’t open is an issue that does not allow the user to access the QuickBooks desktop. The user gets several hindrances within the system when the issue appears. This issue is quite agitated as it resists you to open QuickBooks. But, there is no need to be worried as we are here with the best solutions. You just apply these solutions and make your system error-free.
Well, the guide is covered in different sections that tell you about the causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting of this issue. You can jump according to your requirements. However, we recommend you to start from the first section and move correspondingly. Going like this will enhance your existing knowledge about QuickBooks. So, without any further delay, let’s get into and learn about this issue.
A Quick Brief of QuickBooks won’t Open
QuickBooks can’t open or QuickBooks won’t open comes with an error text that states “QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first.” This error implies the damages within the company file. You may have to face lots of difficulties while operating the task. The difficulties can also be interpreted as symptoms of the error. So, if you are experiencing any pointers provided below then make sure to try out the solutions. Now, let’s get into and learn what consequences appear when you face this issue.
Symptoms and Signs to Identify the QuickBooks Won’t Open
The user will receive these kinds of issues within the system after the error appears. You can jump to the pointers below to know how to identify the QuickBooks won’t open issue.
- The user fails while opening the company file.
- Cannot open the company file.
- Frequents freezes within the system.
- Inputs are not accepted.
- Sluggish performance by mouse and keyboard.
These issues notify the user about the corruption within the company file. If you are also facing the same then it is an urgent need to try the troubleshooting. But, don’t move quickly till you understand the main reasons behind these issues.
Factors Triggering the QuickBooks won’t Open
Below is provided a full list of all causes and factors that lead to the issue. You must root out all of them to start your work again on QuickBooks.
- Corrupted hard drive
- Using a very long name for the company file
- QBWUSER.INI file is corrupted
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Damages within the Windows operating system.
- And so on.
The error might appear due to any of these causes. Make sure to kick them out with the troubleshooting given below.
Solutions to conduct to Remove QuickBooks Won’t Open
Start with the first solution to remove this irritable error from your system.
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program
Quick fix my program uses its scanning method to diagnose the error in no time. Here are the steps that you need to consider for running this tool.
- To initiate, close the QuickBooks software.
- Go to the Inuit official site and download your QuickBooks tool hub file.
- Locate this file where you can find it without any hurdle.
- Now, just double-click and open the downloaded file.
- Go through the online instructions carefully for installing this tool.
- Hit a mark on another tab titled agree to the terms and conditions.
- Make sure to perform a double-click on the Tool hub icon.
- Launch the tool.
- Hit the Program Problems tab once it is opened.
- Then, click on Quick fix my program.
- The tool will start running.
- It will automatically scan, diagnose and detect the issue without including much of your effort.
Solution 2: Add a New Windows user
- Hit the Control Panel button.
- Make sure to double-click on the user account.
- After that, hit Manage User.
- Moreover, choose the Add option.
- Specify the name and domain of your admin.
- Also, choose OK.
- Click on the Administrator if you are a Windows 10 user.
- Hit the Finish button.
- You will then be redirected to the user accounts dialog box.
- Finally, just hit OK.
Solution 3: Suppressing QuickBooks Installation
- Begin with a right-click on your QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Hit the Ctrl button.
- Choose the Open option.
- Furthermore, press and hold the Ctrl button till you see the No Company Open window.
- Just open the QuickBooks software.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Open your QuickBooks tool hub.
- Choose the Installation Issues button now.
- Hit the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool tab on the green-colored bar.
- The tool will take around 20 minutes to run on the device.
- After a successful scan, just reboot the system and check whether you are still facing QuickBooks won’t open issue or not.
QuickBooks won’t open can be easily resolved once you try out these four solutions. We hope that you have fixed this irritable issue. However, if you want to know more on this issue and have some queries regarding the topic, then don’t hesitate to leave your comment below. We will immediately come and resolve all your doubts and queries.