An error message appears stating, “The security connection to QBs company file has been lost.”. You can’t open QuickBooks files as there might be a problem. All of the problems listed above are associated with Quickbooks Error Code 6123, 0. All things considered, it’s just a basic error that can be fixed easily without a lot of technical knowledge. The most important thing is to seek advice from an expert.
With our QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0 support, you will be able to get all the info you need. We’ll tell you here what caused this error and how to fix it quickly. By just reading with us, you can become a pro in just a few minutes. Let’s work on this together.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 6123
You may encounter Quickbooks Error 6123 for a variety of reasons. Read on to learn more.
- If the main system includes corrupted files.
- By configuring and setting up your firewall improperly, Quickbooks will not run.
- You have lost, deleted, or removed QuickBooks-related files.
- It is possible for Quickbooks database servers to run simultaneously on your computer.
- The latest version of Quickbooks makes use of the same company file.
- Problems and issues with the operating system.
The Quickbooks Error -6123 0 must be eliminated immediately from the system. We will now discuss solutions.
Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6123: 5 Quick Troubleshooting Methods
The solutions to rectify QuickBooks error 6123 are here below. Before carrying out the solutions, keep in mind that you must have a backup of all your important files.
Method 1: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool assists in diagnosing network and connection issues on host computers. Find out how to use it below.
- Visit the Intuit website and find the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. Download the tool.
- Click the exe file to run it.
- The installation wizard will walk you through the installation steps on screen.
- The license agreement should be accepted, and then you should click Finish.
- Now, you must launch the installed tool and select the Test Connectivity tab.
- Quickbooks now allows you to select company files connected to Quickbooks Error Code 6123.
- Press the Test Connectivity button to test connectivity.
- Using this tool, you can resolve network and connectivity issues in seconds.
Method 2: Fixing the Damaged Files
You can fix damaged files by following the instructions below.
- Firstly, you must select a company file with the extension .nd.
- Add .ndold to the file name.
- Launch the Quickbooks desktop application.
- The File menu will now appear.
- Then select Utilities.
- Click on Stop hosting to end multi-user access.
- Switch to multi-user mode by navigating to the file again. This will reset all the data.
If the error still prevails, you need to go to the method below.
Method 3: Quickbooks File Doctor
Almost all QuickBooks errors and problems can be fixed by QuickBooks File Doctor. Any installation error, an upgrade problem, or a network problem can be detected by File Doctor, which fixes it immediately.
There are two ways to use Quickbooks file doctor. The tools can be used individually or as part of a Quickbooks tool hub download. We will use the QuickBooks tool hub download option to access the tool.
- Begin with Quickbooks Tool Hub download from the official website.
- After downloading the exe file, open the file.
- Tap on Next and you will get the license agreement. Accept the license agreement now.
- Let the installation process continue. After a few seconds, the installation will be completed.
- Tap on Finish now.
- Open the tool.
- Next, click on the Company Issues tab.
- There will be a green button for Running QuickBooks File Doctor. Click it.
- The next step is to select the company file that has the issue.
- With File Doctor, errors will be automatically detected in a matter of seconds.
- The errors will be corrected in no time. Open QuickBooks to see if there are any errors.
Method 4: Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery lets you repair damaged or corrupt files within a company file. The user must verify if the .ADR folder still has the problem after creating the backup. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Start by installing the Auto Data Recovery software.
- The second requirement is that you have the latest version of QuickBooks installed on your system.
- As well, there is a 1.5GB limit on backups for Auto Data Recovery.
Method 5: Accessing Company Files from a Different Location
A company file can be moved to a different directory to solve this issue. See below for details.
- Find the company file first.
- Then, locate the .QBW extension.
- You should make a copy of the file.
- Create a new folder for your company file.
- Open QuickBooks from the new location to see if the error still occurs.
This article discusses Quickbooks Error Code 6123 in detail and all its related aspects. The material here covers everything from the basics to the quick & detailed solutions. Our content is a wrap-up from more than 20 researched sources. We hope that you understand everything and are not stuck in any more errors.