Quickbooks error 15215 is another update error that a user can encounter while operating Quickbooks. Fix error code 15215 in QuickBooks– The error can occur when you attempt to update the software to the latest version or try to update the payroll. The error message stated: “unable to verify digital signature”. So, when the error occurs, you will not be able to access the server or perform any task. It simply means that you will need a digital signature to complete the operation in Quickbooks. In case you have encountered the error, this article is worth reading. Check out the methods that you can use to fix the error.
Factors Leading to the Occurrence of Quickbooks Error 15215
Different reasons can lead to the occurrence of the Quickbooks error 15215. Fix error code 15215 in QuickBooks- Check out the list of all the reasons below.
- The settings of internet explorer are not configured properly.
- There are chances that you have not performed a complete installation of the Quickbooks application.
- Also, an inappropriate configuration of the Quickbooks application can be the reason for the error.
- Next, there are chances that Quickbooks files are not able to verify the signature.
- Your system may be infected with malware.
- Also, you can face the error because of the insecure internet connection.
Identification of the Error
Now, you can detect the issue easily if you know the symptoms that you need to look for. Here is a list of all the symptoms.
- The error prompt appears on the screen indicating “unable to verify the digital signature”.
- Your system may freeze frequently.
- There are chances that the system may respond to the inputs slowly.
- While using Quickbooks, your system may crash suddenly.
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error 15215
To fix the Quickbooks error 15215, check out the list of methods that you can use. You may have to use more than one method to get rid of the error.
Method 1: Start the System Again
To fix the error, you can start your system again. It will help you to set the updates that you have made. Until you restart the device, the changes are not made. Therefore, you need to always keep in mind to reboot the device whenever an update is made. It will help you to fix the issues related to the internet, network, or printing. When you will restart the device, you will have to perform the same operation where you encountered the error.
Method 2: Verify the Use TLS Settings
The next method is to make sure that the internet settings are configured properly. You will have to untick the option for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application.
- Next, you will have to open Internet Explorer on the system.
- In the tool window, you will have to click on the tools option and then click on the Internet options.
- Under this, click on the advanced option.
- You will now have to tick the checkbox for TLS 1.0 and untick the checkbox for TLS1.1 and TLS1.2.
- When done, to save the changes, click on the OK button.
- Next, you need to terminate internet explorer on the system.
- After this, you will have to reboot the device.
- Check if there are any updates available and if there are, you need to download and install them.
Method 3: Update Quickbooks
You can also update the Quickbooks application manually to fix the Quickbooks update error 15215. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you need to go to the Help menu.
- After this, you will have to choose the option to update Quickbooks.
- Next, choose the product that you are using and then click on the change option.
- Choose the Quickbooks products and then go to the update tab.
- You will now have to choose the folder in which you have stored the file and then click on the Save button.
- You will now have to choose the option to install the update.
- Next, you need to start the system again.
- In the end, start Quickbooks and check if the error is resolved.
Method 4: Login as an Administrator
There are chances that you may not have sufficient permissions to access the files and then you can face the error. So, it is advised to use the system as an administrator. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to ensure that you have terminated all the Quickbooks-related products on the system.
- After this, you need to right-click on the Quickbooks icon and then choose to run it as administrator.
- Now, when the prompt will appear on the screen, you need to choose the Yes option.
- Method 5: Start Windows Again
- The next method that you need to follow is to start the Windows again. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to close the Quickbooks application.
- Next, you will have to open the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key together.
- In the Run window, you will have to type MSConfig.
- After this, click on the OK button.
- Next, the system configuration window will open on the screen and if prompt asking permission appears on the screen, grant the permissions.
- Under this, you will have to choose the option for selective startup and then untick the option for load startup.
- Now, click on the save option and then choose the OK button.
- You will now have to start the system again.
- After this, you will have to click on the Quickbooks desktop and then download the tax table.
- Next, you will have to open the system configuration utility window again.
- Choose to run the system as a normal startup.
- Click on the Ok button and then start the system again.
To Conclude | fix error code 15215 in QuickBooks
All the methods mentioned above will help you to get rid of the Quickbooks error 15215. Each method is mentioned in detail for your convenience.
Read more like this –