Whenever, talked about reliable accounting software, QuickBooks from Intuit has been ruling the charts. There are three key factors that build a product a favorite among small businesses and professionals is security, accuracy, reliability. No-one complains if it is a bit on the pricier side, whenever something strikes positive on those three crucial grounds.
QuickBooks is not a full-proof software, because it is a fact which says that no software is full-proof. If a user wants to continue working, then the software has been reported to come down with nasty errors that require immediate attention. One of those is QuickBooks Error 3371. How we can solve this error and find out the triggers, let’s read this article about this.
QuickBooks Error 3371
When users try to open or rum QuickBooks after reconfiguring their system, then QuickBooks Error 3371 has occurred. Especially after hard drive cloning. The error message will show you like this: “[Error 3371, StatusCode – 11118] Quickbooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or corrupted files.”
QuickBooks has suffered the problem of the startup. And it can be possible due to the reason for the invalid software license. In your computer, insert QuickBooks CD and then reinstall the QuickBooks Software. Contact or QuickBooks Technical Support team, if you encounter the problem again.
If you really take care of your machine then if you have actually had a valid license on the machine and cannot even think about reinstalling because you did not take a backup the last time you worked on your organization file.
The reason for QuickBooks Error 3371
Intuit stores some license information on your hard drive, when you install the QuickBooks. If the information becomes damaged or corrupted or does not match up in some way, Error 3371 crops up. The hardware configuration that is reflected by the license using a system signature is probably checked by the software. Your hardware configuration can go haywire when you reconfigure your system or clone your hard drive. And this occurs, the configuration of QuickBooks saved to not match whatever it sees when it starts up. The result will be Error 3371!
QuickBooks Error 3371 – Resolving
There are some common fixes that users commonly go with than trying to fix any error include:
- The error pop-up says – this will not be good here especially if you are in a hurry. If you are supposed to do a clean install where you have to first uninstall the existing program because reinstalling everything takes a lot of time and the error message isn’t really specified by these things. So run the QuickBooks Clean Install tool, and then reinstall the program.
- Contacting support – it would not just be a help article, it will take you to a generic support page. And moreover, you will need to jump through various hoops, like selecting the proper product version, consulting Inuit Community Forums, etc. You will be looking for a quick solution when you are struggling with an error, and all of these can seem rather frustrating.
Follow these steps to fix error 3371 QuickBooks, instead of wasting time on fixes that will not work most of the time.
- Hold down the “Windows Key” and press “R” on your keyboard. This will open the Run.
- Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit|Entitlement Client\v8 in that Window (or the exact location on your system where QuickBooks saves the information) and then click OK, in that Window. This will help you to open Explorer at that location.
But this must work with QuickBooks products from 2013 to 2016.
- Firstly find the “ecml” file and right-click on it and select Delete to delete it.
- Shut the Window and then run again the QuickBooks. the format or registration of the product will be asked again.
I hope this article will help you to get rid of QuickBooks Error 3371. But, if you have any problem or any other inquiry related to Quickbooks or any type of error. You can directly contact the QuickBooks Support team by calling on QuickBooks Support Phone Number.