Do you have a moth problem? Are you looking for a way to get rid of moths in your closet, carpets, or kitchen? We’ve done the research and gathered the best tips and natural remedies to help you keep moth control Melbourne of your house and address the problem if they’ve already made their home there.
How to moth control of your clothes
1. Wash before putting things away – Moths are attracted to human sweat, hair, and body oil that is left on garments, especially those made of natural fibers (wool, feathers, fur, and silk). As a result, it’s critical to wash your garments before storing them, especially if you’re storing them for an extended period of time.
2. Use an airtight bag or a plastic container to store your clothes — Moths may gnaw through cardboard boxes (£12.99 for 12 on Amazon).
3. Keep your wardrobe ventilated — Moths prefer warm, humid environments, so make sure you open your wardrobe door on a frequent basis to allow for more airflow.
4. Hang clothing made of natural fibers on cedar hangers to keep moth control Melbourne. If the garments are lengthy, put extra cedar items in the pockets. Amazon is selling a set of cedar wood goods for £9.99.
How to Get Rid of a Moth Problem in Your Closet
5. Wash your garments at a slightly higher temperature — this is less eco-friendly, so don’t do it all the time. Always double-check the label’s washing directions.
6. Or go chilly – Moth eggs and larvae are also unable to endure frigid conditions. Put one item of clothes in an airtight bag and freeze it for 24 hours if it is particularly impact. First, look at the clothing label.
7. Use a vinegar and water solution to clean all cupboards and wardrobes – vinegar is a natural cleanser, and the acid is toxic to moths. When cleaning antiques, use caution.
8. Vacuum on a regular basis – This will remove any eggs or dirt from the carpet.
9.Make your own natural repellent by putting dried rosemary, thyme, cloves, lavender, or bay leaves in a small cloth bag and hanging it in your closet or drawers. Moths can be deter by spraying the oil form of these plants on polluted locations and clothing. You can use an essential oil diffuser, such as this £14.99 Amazon Best Seller.
10. Purchase a natural moth control Melbourne, such as these on Amazon.
11. Find a pest moth control Melbourne specialist in your neighborhood.
12. Dispose of all infected foods and thoroughly clean the cupboard. If you notice a musty odour, webbing in the corner, or a sticky secretion in your food cupboards, and/or have seen the moths or caterpillars themselves, you should take action.
13. Be especially wary of cereals, nuts, and rice, as moths feed on them and lay their eggs in them. These goods should be dispose of in their open containers.
14. Make sure your kitchen is properly ventilate.
15. Invest in a natural kitchen repellent, like these from Mothprevention.com.
16. Plants – Rosemary, thyme, cloves, lavender, and bay leaves are among the fragrant herbs that repel moths. Put the herbs in a tiny bag and keep them in the cupboards, or spray the essential oil on high-risk areas.
WHERE DO MOTHS ORIGINATE?
Although most flying insects are draw to light, clothes moths prefer to hide in dark, undisturbed places like wardrobes, cabinets, and boxes. They also remain in close proximity to their food sources (see below for detail).
Moths have a keen sense of smell, which they use to communicate, find mates, and locate food.
Moths can get into your house via open windows or doors. They can also be buy inside the house on clothing and soft furnishings. Always shake out any garments that aren’t wrap before bringing them into your home, such as those from a charity shop or a clothes swap, or ones borrow from a friend. Otherwise contact with pest control service Melbourne.
These are the tips and method of moth control Melbourne.