Linksys range extender is one of the best WiFi devices when it comes to strengthen the current signal range of your existing WiFi router. Ranging right from the kitchen to living room and backyard to front yard, the Linksys extender WiFi efficiently removes dead zones, letting you make use of the internet throughout the land in your home.
If you own a new Linksys extender for your home, you first need to install it successfully for start using the internet. This post covers all the necessary steps that one needs to perform for Linksys extender setup. Let’s get started.
How to Set Up Linksys Extender?
You can set up extender Linksys using various methods. Let’s make you familiar with the different methods. Linksys extender setup via web GUI and Linksys extender setup using WPS.
Let’s discuss both the Linksys extender configuration methods one by one.
Set Up Linksys Extender Using Web GUI
For the installation of Linksys Extender using web GUI, follow the steps stated below:
- Place your Linksys WiFi range extender in the same room where your existing WiFi router is.
- Power up the Linksys device by plugging it into a working wall outlet.
- Once done, connect the extender to your WiFi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, get access to your computer/laptop and launch your favourite web browser on it.
Note: Though you can decide on various options like Chrome, Mozilla, Safari and Internet Explorer, your carefully chosen web browser must be running updated software version.
- Visit extender.linksys.com by entering it in the address bar of your web browser and click Enter.
- Linksys extender setup page displays.
- Enter the default password and click Log In.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions for completing your Linksys WiFi extender setup.
Congrats! You are all done with the Linksys extender setup. You can now move your range extender Linksys to a new location and connect your client devices to the extended network for start using internet the way you want.
Set Up Linksys Extender Using WPS
If the above Linksys extender setup method seems difficult to you, we have another recommendation. You can set up your Linksys WiFi extender using WPS button. Here’s how:
- On your extender, locate the WPS button.
- Now, connect your extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Before that, don’t forget to power up your device.
- Once done, press the button.
- Now, locate the WPS button on your WiFi router and press it.
That’s it! You have successfully configured the Linksys range extender using the WPS button.
- While setting up the Linksys extender, make sure your device is far from baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, fish tanks, refrigerators, mirrors, glasses, home security systems, etc. as these kind of obstructions at your home may cause interference with the WiFi signals of your Linksys extender.
- Make sure all the wired connections of your extender as well as WiFi router are proper and finger-tight.
- Your extender Linksys and router must be getting adequate and fluctuation-free power supply.
- For the Linksys extender setup using web GUI method, the web browser you might be using must not be having the browsing clutter like cache, cookies, and history.
- Once done with the Linksys extender setup, keep the firmware of your extender always updated for avoiding any further issues.
That’s all about how to set up Linksys extender. We hope that both the Linksys extender setup methods will work for you. In case you find any issues while making your extender Linksys up and running, shoot your query in the comments section. You will be shortly assisted by expert technicians.