Netgear Nighthawk Extender In this post, we will provide you instructions – how to fix “Netgear router won’t connect to WiFi router” issue. Prior to digging deep, you have to ensure that you have followed the correct configuration methods for Netgear extender setup process. Let’s get started!
What You Will get In the Post
This particular post has been divided into different sections so that you can understand in a better way.
- Reason that explains why Netgear extender won’t connect to WiFi router.
- Solution – Netgear extender connected but no internet.
- Fix mywifiext.net not working issue.
- Netgear extender not working.
Fix: Netgear Nighthawk Extender Won’t Connect To WiFi Router
When your Netgear Nighthawk extender is not connecting to your main WiFi router, then chances are you are using an outdated firmware version. So, to fix this issue, you have to check for the latest Netgear extender firmware. And if the new Netgear firmware update is available, follow the on-screen instructions and download the latest version.
Netgear Extender Connected But No Internet
Improper or impartial of Netgear Nighthawk setup process might be the cause behind the issue.
- To fix the issue, ensure that you have setup Netgear extender properly using the configuration method in an exact order.
- Make sure that all the LEDs on your Netgear Nighthawk extender are stable.
- Place your WiFi router openly and ensure that your Netgear extender is receiving live and continuous internet signals from it.
- Power cycle your home network.
- Consider updating the latest version of firmware on your WiFi router as well.
Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue
To fix the issue, follow the guidelines given below.
- Ensure that the web browser you are using is of the latest version.
- Also, make sure that the web address i.e. mywifiext.net you are using is entered correctly without typos.
- Do not enter the web address in the browser’s search bar.
- Ensure to connect your Netgear Nighthawk extender to your main router using an Ethernet connection.
- Delete cache, cookies, recent history, and temporary files from the internet browser prior to accessing the web address.
- Opt for another internet browser.
Solved: Netgear Extender Not Working
- Check the Ethernet connection you have made to connect you router with your Nighthawk extender.
- If the Ethernet cable is faulty or dusty or have any cuts on it, please consider replacing it.
- Provide your Nighthawk extender and WiFi router proper power supply.
- All the LEDs on your extender and router must be stable. If you see them in red or in amber color or you see them blinking continuously, simply push the power button. And in case, this process won’t work, unplug your devices, wait for a few minutes, and plug them back again. Plug in your WiFi router first.
- If you have a Netgear router, make sure that it is configured properly. Routerlogin.net is the web address for the Netgear Nighthawk router setup process.
- Make sure that your extender is placed in reach of your main router and away from interference-creating WiFi devices.
Still, facing issues with your Netgear extender? Fret not! Resetting the Netgear router would be a remedy to fix all extender-related issues. To reset Netgear extender, follow the steps below.
- Locate the Netgear extender reset hole and once found, insert a thin and pointed object in it.
- Hold the reset hole for some time and release it.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk extender will be reset successfully.