Mywifiext net and mywifiext.local both are the local web addresses that are meant for hassle-free Netgear extender setup. Not only the web addresses are used for setting up a Netgear WiFi range extender but also are very helpful in changing the settings of an already installed WiFi extender.
Facing errors while accessing mywifiext.net and mywifiext.local? Try the troubleshooting tips given below.
- Make sure to enter the web addresses in the address bar of the internet browser instead of the search bar.
- Both the URLs are meant for setting up a new extender and changing the settings of an already configured one. But mywifiext.net URL is supposed to be entered in the address bar field of the Windows computer or laptop and mywifiext.local URL is supposed to be entered in the address bar field of a Mac, Apple, or iOS device.
- Ensure that there aren’t any typos in the URL.
- Be certain while accessing the web address, your Netgear extender must be placed in reach of your existing WiFi router.
- Connect your device to Netgear_ext.
- Make sure that your range extender is receiving live WiFi connections from your main router.
If you are still facing mywifiext.net and mywifiext.local access errors, then try a couple of fixes given below.
- Power cycle your Netgear extender, router, modem, computer, laptop, and your mobile device. Turn your devices off for a few minutes and after that, turn them on again.
- If this doesn’t work, then reset your Netgear router back to the default values. For this, you have to take any pin-like object and insert it into the Netgear extender’s factory reset hole. Hold the reset hole gently and release it.
- Update your Netgear extender and your existing WiFi router’s firmware.
Note: Instead of the web URLs mentioned above, you can also use the default IP address of your Netgear extender, i.e. 192.168.1.250.
We hope that the issue has been fixed successfully. Now, you can take a plunge to set up your Netgear wireless range extender like a pro.
To setup Netgear extender:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a wall socket that is near to your existing WiFi router. Connect each other properly.
- Open a computer, laptop, or Apple device.
- Enter the URL mentioned above in the browser’s address bar field.
- Netgear Genie setup page displays.
- Enter the default login credentials in the required fields and click on Next, Log In, or OK. If you have changed the admin details, use them instead.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and configure your device easily.
If you are still facing access errors, then try some more troubleshooting tips given below.
- Clear cache and browsing history from your device (computer, laptop or smartphone).
- Turn your device off.
- After a few minutes, turn on your device.
- Use a different relevant internet browser to access the web URL.
Still, have queries? If yes, then without any hesitation lay them on us. Simply dial our toll-free number 1-888-961-4011 and ask our expert technicians whatsoever is in your mind.